Occasionally you will find the need to add an admin to your real estate Facebook page. This could happen for a variety of reasons, but the process for adding an admin is always the same and is quite simple – don’t be intimidated.
Everyone will have different reasons for needing to add a new Facebook Admin, but some reasons might include:
- A new agent, team member, assistant or intern would like to help with posting to your Facebook Page
- An advertising partner requests access to create ads on behalf of your page
- A third party app requests access to handle integrations with their application
- You are relinquishing control of a Facebook Page over to a new broker or agent
- Your Facebook community has grown to a size that you need to hire someone to moderate the conversations on your Facebook Page
- You have started a new initiative to respond to Leads on Facebook and would like someone to contact clients as your business
- You are hiring a marketing consultant to review your Facebook Page and make recommendations based on your existing insights
In order for someone to do any of the things mentioned above you will need to approve the person as an admin on your Facebook Page. This process can only be completed by existing Facebook Admins, but is quite simple and will only take a few minutes.
How to Add an Admin to your Real Estate Facebook Page
Log into your Facebook Page, and click on the “Settings” button in the top right corner of the page.
Select “Page Roles” from the list of settings on the left side of the page.
In the text box, identify the person you wish to add as an admin to your Facebook page by one of two ways:
- Name: If you are already Facebook friends with the person whom you are giving admin privileges to, start typing their name and their profile should appear.
- Email Address: If you are not Facebook friends with the person, you can use their email address. It is important to note that this email address must be the account they registered their account with. It's often that this will not be a company or corporate email address, but a personal email address. You may need to get this information from the person before you start the process.
Once you have identified the person whom you are giving admin privileges to, you must choose a role.
Roles include the following:
- Admin: Able to manage all aspects of the page, including page roles, settings, posts, comments, users, ads, and insights.
- Editor: Able to do all items that the admin can manage, except manage page roles.
- Moderator: Able to send messages as the page, respond and delete comments, post as the page, remove and ban users, create ads, and view insights.
- Advertiser: Able to create ads on behalf of your Facebook page and view insights.
- Analyst: Only able to view the insights on your page.
For an in-depth look at page roles, please view this Facebook Help Article.
Once you have selected a role for your new admin, you need to verify your password with Facebook to authenticate the transaction.
Upon completion, the new admin is notified of their status on your page, and immediately, they are able to assume the responsibilities associated with the role you have assigned to them.
And with that, you’ve added a new admin to your real estate Facebook page. For additional support, see the video below.
Taking it a Step Further
The “Page Roles” tab within the “Settings” menu is where you can do the following two tasks as well.
- See what your role is on your page: Look for the role listed below your name. It will either be Admin, Editor, Moderator, Advertiser, or Analyst.
- Change someone’s role on your page: Click the drop down menu under the person’s name and assign a new role to the person. This can only be done by an Admin of the page.
If you have any questions, we would be happy to answer them.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]